The JSON file is a metadata file that contains information such as available maps, meshes, average colors, tags, texel density, scale and so on. This standardized file can be very useful if you are developing an internal pipeline for managing Megascans data. It is also needed by the Megascans Bridge and Quixel Mixer applications, which is why it is included in the zip. For the latest documentation on the JSON schema, please see: http://bit.ly/29FvJjn
Articles in this section
- What maps should I select to achieve best results according to the Engine/DCC I'm using?
- My asset is missing back/side faces.
- Why is the 'normal' texture appearing blurry in places?
- Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- How can I reach out to Quixel Support?
- Quixel Suite
- How do bonus asset drops work?
- How to fix displacement banding in Octane?
- Which ports and addresses need to be opened for Megascans services?
- Can I use Free Assets commercially?