Before attempting to install Mixer, please ensure:
- You have a stable internet connection.
- You have no downloads running in the background.
- You have enough memory in the installation drive.
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL MIXER
- Go to the website and download a fresh installer of Quixel Mixer: https://quixel.com/mixer
- Once the download has been completed, launch the installer and run it.
- Make sure Quixel Mixer 2021.x.x is checked.
- At this point, you can uncheck all the smart material components and make sure you only check the following (in case you don't want to/can't download all of them together):
1-Quixel Mixer 2022.1.1
We'll come back later for the smart materials once the installation of the application is completed.
- After this step, the installer will confirm the Installation directory. This location will be used to install Mixer. It is recommended to create a separate new folder and point it towards that.
- After this, Mixer will confirm the locallibrarypath, Mixerfiles path and the Temp files path.
- INSTALLATION DIRECTORY:
Please confirm a path for this. This location will be used to install Mixer. Please create a separate new folder and point it towards that, as highlighted in the image below. This folder should only have these installations files that will be installed by Mixer for this version.
- LOCAL LIBRARY PATH:
This will be the path where Mixer will be pointed to the Megascans Library assets. We need to organize everything so this folder should be a separate folder like in the image below. The order of the contents inside it should not be disturbed.
- MIXER FILES PATH:
For the Mixer Files Path, kindly choose a folder that is not inside the folder where you have Mixer installed or where you have the Megascans library folder. This will be pointing towards the Mixer project folder.
After confirming the paths, installer will need your confirmation to proceed.
You'll be asked if you'd like to use a proxy. In case you are using a proxy, the installer will require the details of the proxy server.
Now the installer will start downloading the Mixer application. Please wait for the installer to download and finish the installation process.
STEP 2: ANTI-VIRUS
In case you have any anti-virus running in your system, please make sure Mixer and any of its contents are not blocked by the anti-virus or your firewall.
STEP 3: DOWNLOAD SMART MATERIAL COMPONENTS
At this point, the installer should have completed the installation and now you should be able to launch the Mixer app successfully. Now we download the Smart material components.
- Make sure Mixer application is closed and its not running in the background.
- Run the installer just like you did before when installing the app.
- This time, as we already have the application and sample mixes installed, we can uncheck them and only go for the required smart material component.
- All other steps should be performed just like before. Please make sure you use the same paths you did when installing the application, to avoid any inconvenience.
- After the installation is completed, launch Mixer. Right-click on the desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator".