A problem with Octane render will cause severe banding issues using our EXR displacement maps due to not being able to properly decompress them. Re-saving the image in another 16 or 32-bit image format or as an EXR file without compression should resolve the issue.
Articles in this section
- What maps should I select to achieve best results according to the Engine/DCC I'm using?
- My asset is missing back/side faces.
- Why is the 'normal' texture appearing blurry in places?
- Troubleshooting Connection Issues
- How can I reach out to Quixel Support?
- Quixel Suite
- How do bonus asset drops work?
- How to fix displacement banding in Octane?
- Which ports and addresses need to be opened for Megascans services?
- Can I use Free Assets commercially?