You can export Megascans Surfaces to MDL format via Bridge. This can be done as follows:
- In the Local filter, click on a Surface asset and go to its Export Settings.
- In the Export Target tab, select Custom Disk Export from the Export Target dropdown.
- For MDL, set the Export Location to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\mdl.
- In the Textures tab, select MDL from the Format dropdown.
- Go back to the asset information panel and click Export.
The asset’s maps, JSON and MDL will be copied to the specified location.
❗Note: the MDL file will be inside the asset folder and json will be outside.
You can now use this MDL with iRay and Vray in 3DS Max.
Article is closed for comments.