You can export Megascans Surfaces to MDL format via Bridge. This can be done as follows:
- In the Local filter, click on a Surface asset and go to its Export Settings.
- In the Export Target tab, select Custom Disk Export from the Export Target dropdown.
- For MDL, set the Export Location to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\mdl.
- In the Textures tab, select MDL from the Format dropdown.
- Go back to the asset information panel and click Export.
The asset’s maps, JSON and MDL will be copied to the specified location.
❗Note: the MDL file will be inside the asset folder and json will be outside.
You can now use this MDL with iRay and Vray in 3DS Max.