You can export Megascans surfaces to MDL format via Bridge. This can be done as follows:
- Click on an asset thumbnail to open the Export Settings side panel.
- Set the “Export To” dropdown to “Custom Disk Export”.
- For MDL, set the “Project Location” to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\mdl.
- Set “Export As” to “MDL”.
- Click the “Export” button.
The asset’s maps, JSON and MDL will be copied to the specified location.
Note: the MDL file will be inside the asset folder and json will be outside.
You can now use this MDL with iRay and Vray in 3DS Max.