The Megascans Livelink for Unity version 2.11 brings new terrain tools for level designers. Now you can quickly blend materials and start painting on the terrain.
Note: the Terrain Tool in the Unity Livelink is a beta feature.
Before moving on though, please see the following prerequisites necessary for using this feature:
- This feature is available for Unity 2018.x or above
- For Unity version 2018.1 and 2018.2 it is:
- only available in HDRP
- can set maximum of 4 paint layers
- For Unity version 2018.3 and above it is:
- available for all render pipelines
- can set maximum of 8 paint layers
How To Use Terrain Tools
- Create a new terrain in the scene.
- Set the texture tiling property for layers.
- Select the terrain in scene view and the folder containing the material (that you intend to paint on the terrain) or select the material itself in the Project Hierarchy view.
- Click “Setup Paint Layers” and Voila!
- Start painting.
The terrain tool will automatically generate terrain material and assign paint layers to it. It will also generate a splat map for the terrain. For Unity 2018.3 and above the terrain tool will only generate terrain layer for every material and assign that to the terrain layers.