The Megascans Plugin for Isotropix Clarisse allows you to connect Quixel Bridge and Clarisse, giving you a one-click solution for importing your Megascans, Mixer and custom assets straight into Clarisse within seconds.
This tool relies on Bridge’s robust architecture to give you the best asset management experience, and Clarisse python implementation to create materials, textures and geometry automatically, giving you photorealistic results on the go.
Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Plugin installation is part of Bridge Export Settings. These settings are global and once set up, will not need to be changed too often.
You can install the plugin using any one of these methods:
- You can set up the plugin when you launch Bridge after installing it for the first time on your machine.
- Through Export Settings.
- Through the Manage Plugins option in the Edit menu.
Note: Make sure Clarisse is closed before installing.
Installation during initial setup
- When you launch Bridge after installing it for the first time on your machine, you will see initial setup options. Click the Library Path to choose the folder on disk where you would like your asset library to be
- The Library Path is important because this is where Bridge will store your assets and plugins. If you don’t already have a folder for this purpose Bridge will create it for you.
- Click Next.
- From the Export Target drop-down, select Clarisse.
- Click Download Plugin to begin downloading the plugin.
- Once the download is done you’ll see a confirmation message in Bridge.
- Click Install Plugin to install the plugin in Clarisse.
- Once the plugin is installed you should see the Installed status on the pop-up. Click Done to complete the set up.
- Start Clarisse and you should see a Quixel Megascans option on the shelf. Click to open the shelf and click the green Megascans button to start the plugin.
Installation via Export Settings
- To access the settings, click the gear icon on the bottom left corner of the asset’s right panel or go to Edit > Export Settings.
- Click Export Settings in the pop-up menu to view all the export options. You can tweak your settings, like texture format, LODs, mesh format (FBX or OBJ), etc.
- Start up both Bridge and Clarisse.
Note: It is important that Clarisse is open before you export something from Bridge. Otherwise, Bridge will give a port error.
- In Clarisse, go to the Quixel Megascans shelf and click the Megascans shelf button to start the plugin.
Note: The plugin does not automatically start when you boot up Clarisse. So make sure to click the Megascans shelf button before exporting anything from Bridge. Not doing so will result in Bridge giving a port error.
- In Bridge, go to the Local filter in the left panel to export a downloaded asset.
- Click the Quick Export icon or hit the Export
As soon as you click on Export in Bridge your asset should pop up in your Clarisse scene.
If the current installation process in Bridge isn’t suitable for your pipeline, you can download the plugin manually as follows.
- Download the plugin from here
- Extract the plugin to the location of your choice.
- Close Clarisse if already running.
- Go to the location where you extracted the plugin in Step 2.
- Copy the path of the file named: MS_ClLiveLink.py, and paste it in MS_LiveLinkLauncher.py as follows:
hardcoded_pathstr = "D:\Downloads\MSLiveLinkClarisse\MSLiveLinkClarisse\MS_ClLiveLink.py"
- Open Clarisse.
- In the shelf menu, right-click and click Add Item.
- On the pop-up that opens, enter the Plugin name in the Title
- Set the Category to Custom.
- In Script Path, browse to the location where you extracted the plugin (in Step 2 above) and select the MS_LiveLinkLauncher.py file.
- In the Icon drop-down, select Custom.
- In Icon Custom, browse to the location where you extracted the plugin (in Step 2 above) and select the MS_Logo.png file.
- You should see a green Megascans button in the Custom shelf now.
- Click it to start the plugin.
- Open Bridge, and in the Local filter click on the asset you want to export.
- Go to the asset’s Export Settings, select Custom Socket Export from the Export Target drop-down.
- Set the Socket Port field to 24981.
- Go back to the asset details panel,click Export and your asset should appear in Clarisse.