Official documentation of the Megascans plugin for Isotropix Clarisse
The Megascans Plugin for Isotropix Clarisse allows you to connect Quixel Bridge and Clarisse, giving you a one-click solution for importing your Megascans, Mixer and custom assets straight into Clarisse within seconds.
This tool relies on Bridge’s robust architecture to give you the best asset management experience, and Clarisse python implementation to create materials, textures and geometry automatically, giving you photorealistic results on the go.
Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Please make sure the Clarisse is closed before proceeding with installation.
- Open Bridge, then in the Downloaded section click on the asset you want to export. You should see the Export Settings side panel below:
- Set the “Export To” dropdown to “Clarisse” and then click on “Download Plugin”.
Once the download is done you’ll see a confirmation message in Bridge and the plugin will be installed automatically. The export settings will change a bit to this:
- Start Clarisse and you should see a “Quixel Megascans” option in the shelf. Click to open the shelf and click the green Megascans button to start the livelink.
Exporting assets to Clarisse
- Start up both Bridge and Clarisse.
❗Note: It is important that Clarisse is open before you export something from Bridge. Otherwise, Bridge will give a port error.
- In Clarisse, go to the Quixel Megascans shelf and click the Megascans shelf button to start the plugin.
❗Note: The plugin does not automatically start when you boot up Clarisse. So make sure to click the Megascans shelf button before exporting anything from Bridge. Not doing so will result in Bridge giving a port error.
- In Bridge, click on the asset you want to export in the Downloaded section to open the Export Settings:
- Set the “Export To” to Clarisse before you export. You can also tweak your export settings, like texture format, LODs, mesh format (FBX or OBJ), etc.
- Click the “Export” button.
As soon as you click on “Export” in Bridge (while the plugin is running in Clarisse) your asset should pop up in the scene.
If the current installation process in Bridge isn’t suitable for your pipeline, you can download the plugin manually as follows.
- Download the link from here:
WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX
- Extract the plugin to the location of your choice.
- Close Clarisse if already running.
- Go to the location where you extracted the plugin in Step 2.
- Copy the path of the file named: MS_ClLiveLink.py, and paste it in MS_LiveLinkLauncher.py as follows: hardcoded_pathstr = "D:\Downloads\MSLiveLinkClarisse\MSLiveLinkClarisse\MS_ClLiveLink.py"
- Open Clarisse.
- In the shelf menu, right-click and click "Add Item"
- On the pop-up that opens, enter the plugin name in the Title field.
- Set the Category to Custom.
- In Script Path, browse to the location where you extracted the plugin (in Step 2 above) and select the MS_LiveLinkLauncher.py file.
- In the Icon drop-down, select Custom.
- In Icon Custom, browse to the location where you extracted the plugin (in Step 2 above) and select the MS_Logo.png file.
- You should see a green Megascans button in the Custom shelf now.
- Click it to start the plugin.
- In Bridge, on Export Settings, select Custom Socket Export.
- In the Select Port field set the port to 24981.
You should now be all set to export assets from Bridge to Clarisse.