Official documentation of the Megascans Plugin for Blender
The Megascans Plugin for Blender allows you to connect Quixel Bridge and Blender, giving you a one-click solution for importing your Megascans, Mixer and custom assets straight into Blender within seconds.
This tool relies on Bridge’s robust architecture to give you the best asset management experience, and Blender’s python implementation to create materials and import textures and geometry automatically, giving you extremely fast imports on the go.
Windows and Mac OS
Blender 2.8 and above
- Open Bridge, then in the Downloaded section click on the asset you want to export. You should see this window:
- Set the “Export To” dropdown to “Blender” and then click on “Download Plugin”. This should take less than a minute.
Once the download is done you’ll see a confirmation message in Bridge.
- Click on the “Copy” button which is right alongside the “Script”.
- Launch Blender and go to “Edit>Preferences”
- Select “Add-ons” from the left sidebar and click on “Install” in the add-ons menu.
- Paste the plugin's path in the “path field” then press enter and select the “MSLiveLink.zip” file and lastly click “Install Add-on from File”.
- Type “Megascans Livelink” in the search field.
- Enable the plugin by clicking on the check-box.
- Click on “Save Preferences”.
- Final step is to go to “File > Import > Megascans Livelink” to start the plugin.
Exporting assets to Blender
Make sure to start the plugin every time you restart Blender. You can do this by going to File > Import > Megascans Livelink.
To export an asset to Blender all you have to do is export it from Quixel Bridge via the Export Settings panel:
Make sure you’ve set the “Export To” to Blender before you export. You can also tweak your export settings, like texture format, LODs, mesh format (FBX or OBJ), etc.
As soon as you click on “Export” in Bridge (while Blender is running) your asset should pop up in the scene:
If the current installation process in Bridge isn’t suitable for your pipeline, you can download the plugin manually as follows:
- Download the plugin from here:
- Launch “Blender” and go to “Edit>Preferences”
- Select “Add-ons” from the left sidebar and click on “Install” in the add-ons menu
- Navigate to where you downloaded “MSLiveLink.zip” file and click “Install Add-on from File”
- In the “Add-ons” window type “Megascans Livelink” in the search field then enable the plugin and lastly click on “Save Preferences”.
- Final step is to go to “File > Import > Megascans Livelink” to start the plugin
- In Bridge, on Export Settings, select Custom Socket Export
- In the Select Port field set the port to 28888
You should now be all set to export assets from Bridge to Blender. You should always go to “File > Import > Megascans Livelink” to start the plugin after starting Blender.