Removing the plugin for Windows OS
- Close UE4 and Bridge.
- Go to where you've installed the Plugin/your Unreal Engine directory, and within it locate the Plugins folder, e.g.
C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\UE_4.2x\Engine\Plugins\
- Within this Plugins folder, locate the subfolder titled MegascansPlugin and/or UnrealEnginePython and DELETE them both (if found).
Now the installed Plugin is removed from Unreal Engine 4.2x.
- Then go to your Megascans Library folder, found via Bridge > Edit > Settings on your machine, for e.g.:
Within the plugins folder, locate the subfolder titled Unreal and DELETE it.
Now the Plugin installation files have been removed as well.
- Open your Unreal Editor and ensure that there is no Megascans Plugin icon present on the Shelf anymore (as shown below).
Confirming that the Plugin was properly removed
- Close the Unreal Editor once confirmed.
Removing the plugin for Mac OS
- Close both Bridge and UE4.
- Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Bridge and delete "Settings.dat".
- Go to the path defined below and delete the folders titled "Bridge" and "Megascans Bridge"
/Users/[USER]/Library/Application Support/Megascans Bridge
- Go to the path where your plugin is installed. You can find this by opening Bridge, going to the Export settings tab, and reviewing the path specified in the Installation folder. The default path is Macintosh HD\Users\Shared\Epic Games\UE_4.2x\Engine\Plugins.
Once there, delete the "MegascansPlugin" folder or "UnrealEnginePython" folder, depending on the UE4 version for which you installed the plugin.
- Go to the folder specified in the Local Library Path in Bridge > Edit > Settings, on your machine and within the "support/plugins" folder, delete the UNREAL folder inside it.
For an in-depth step by step guide on how to re-install the plugin, please visit this link for Windows OS, and this post for Mac OS.
If you come across any technical issues, please contact our customer and technical support by emailing us your issue with details provided here - on email@example.com - we are here to help!