In order to remove/uninstall the Megascans plugin for Maya, you will need to perform the following steps while Bridge is closed:
- In Maya, go to the Shelf Settings button > Shelf Editor:
- Within the Shelf Editor, click on the MSPlugin shelf (indicated by the red arrow) and then delete (as shown by the yellow highlight). This will remove the MSPlugin from the Shelf completely.
- Once removed, you will not have "MSPlugin" within the Shelf (yellow highlight) as well as no entry within the Shelf Editor (yellow arrow).
- Now the plugin is removed from Maya. Go to File > New Scene and then close Maya.
- Next, go to the following location on your machine (based on your OS):
- Windows: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\maya
- Mac OS: ~home/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya
- Linux: Home/maya OR Computer/home/<Username>/maya
- Once there, head to the Maya > Modules folder, and delete the .MOD file titled quixel:
- Go to:
<Your Maya 2020 installation directory>\modules\
And within the folder, delete the file titled quixel.
- Go to the folder specified in the Local Library Path in Bridge > Edit > Settings.
- Once there, go to support > plugins and delete the Maya folder:
After following these steps, the plugin for Maya will be completely deleted, and you should be able to re-install it via Bridge without issues.
Article is closed for comments.