Bridge comes with custom naming support in order to make it easy to integrate into pipelines or projects. This feature comes in handy when projects or pipelines have well defined standard naming convention rules/name formats. Custom naming works with the following tools:
- Unreal Engine
- Custom Disk Export
How to use Custom naming?
The following keys/identifiers are recognized and replaced by Bridge while the rest of the name format is treated as text and is not replaced by anything.
- $id - The asset ID of the exported asset.
- $name - The asset name of the exported asset.
- $type - Type of the asset e.g. Surface, 3D Plant, etc.
- $resolution - Resolution of the texture. (Not applicable for geometry)
- $mapName - The map type of the texture e.g. Albedo, Bump etc. (Not applicable for geometry)
- $lod - LOD of the geometry or the map e.g. LOD1, LOD2, etc.
- $variation - Variation of the 3D asset e.g. Var 1, Var 2 etc. (Not applicable for textures.)
The Example field creates a sample file name. The fields that are not applicable to the file are just removed from the file name.
Default map names (e.g. Albedo, AO, etc) can also be replaced with custom map names. To do this:
- Go to the Textures tab in Export Settings and expand the asset type to get the maps list.
- To edit a default map name, click on the Name field and modify the name. These custom map names will replace the $mapName key/identifier in the name format.
- To add a channel packed map, click on the Add Map option at the bottom of the maps list.
You can also customise the folder name of the assets you are exporting to adhere to a custom folder naming convention using the following keys/identifiers:
Moreover, you can customise the default names of the models using the following keys/identifiers:
The folder name, model name and custom map name are added to the asset JSON during export. See the Export JSON Format section for more information on that.
Article is closed for comments.