Bridge comes with custom naming support in order to make it easy to integrate into pipelines or projects. This feature comes in handy when projects or pipelines have well defined standard naming convention rules/name formats. Custom naming works with the following tools:
- Unreal Engine
- Custom Disk Export
How to use Custom naming?
The following keys/identifiers are recognized and replaced by Bridge while the rest of the name format is treated as text and is not replaced by anything.
- $id - The asset ID of the exported asset.
- $name - The asset name of the exported asset.
- $type - Type of the asset e.g. Surface, 3D Plant, etc.
- $resolution - Resolution of the texture. (Not applicable for geometry)
- $mapName - The map type of the texture e.g. Albedo, Bump etc. (Not applicable for geometry)
- $lod - LOD of the geometry or the map e.g. LOD1, LOD2, etc.
- $variation - Variation of the 3D asset e.g. Var 1, Var 2 etc. (Not applicable for textures.)
The Sample field creates a sample file name. The fields that are not applicable to the file are just removed from the file name.
Map names (e.g. Albedo, AO, etc) can also be replaced with custom map names e.g. like in the above screenshot the Albedo was renamed to Abd and Normal to Nrm. These custom map names are used to replace the $mapName key/identifier in the name format.
Apart from this a custom folder name is also generated which excludes the following keys/identifiers:
And a custom LOD object name is also generated which excludes the following keys/identifiers:
The folder name, LOD object name and naming convention is added to the asset JSON during export.