If the current installation process in Bridge isn’t suitable for your pipeline, you can download the plugin manually as follows.
- Download the link from here: WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX
- Extract the MSLivelink folder from the .zip file to your desired location.
- From the MSLivelink folder extracted above, copy the modules folder and paste it at the following location (depending on your OS):
- Windows: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\maya
- Mac OS: ~home/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya
- Linux: Home/maya OR Computer/home/<Username>/maya
- Now open this modules folder, there will be a quixel.mod file in it, open the file in a notepad and change the path to the location of your extracted plugin. Example shown below:
+ PLATFORM:<platform name> Megascans 1.0 <address><plugin version>/MSLiveLink
scripts: <address><plugin version>/MSLiveLink
- Open Bridge, and in the Local filter click on the asset you want to export.
- Go to the asset’s Export Settings, select Custom Socket Export from the Export Target drop-down.
- Set the Socket Port field to 13291.
- Go back to the asset details panel, click Export and your asset should appear in Maya.