If the current installation process in Bridge isn’t suitable for your pipeline, you can download the plugin manually as detailed below. Please make sure Bridge is closed before downloading the plugin files.
1. Download the link from here: WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX
2. Extract the MSLivelink folder from the .zip file to your desired location.
3. From the MSLivelink folder extracted above, copy the modules folder and paste it at the following location (depending on your OS):
Mac OS: ~home/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya
Linux: Home/maya OR Computer/home/<Username>/maya
4. Within the modules folder, there will be a quixel.mod file. Open the file in a notepad and change the path to the location of your extracted plugin, as shown in the below example:
5. Open Bridge. Within the Local tab, click on the asset you want to export, and head to the Export settings:
6. Within the asset’s Export Settings, select Custom Socket Export from the Export Target drop-down, and set the Socket Port field to 13291.
8. Go back to the asset details panel, click Export, and your asset should appear in Maya.
Article is closed for comments.