A new version of the Houdini Livelink in Bridge is now available for download.
- The Quixel Redshift Triplanar HDAs projection world/object channel reference was broken for most of the internal RS Triplanar nodes. This have now been fixed.
- Texture .RAT File converter option in settings menu added. When this option is checked and the Render Engine is set to ‘Mantra’ any textures exported will be converted to .RAT files.
- The ‘SOURCE’ node for 3d geo exports is now colored green just as it is for atlas exports, for better visibility.
- Added ‘Height’ controls for density scattering on the ‘Quixel Simple Scatter’ node.
- Fixed spelling error in the Main Menu drop-down.
- Improved spacing between items in the drop-down menu of the LiveLink interface.
- The ‘Quixel Simple Scatter’ scatter node has been updated with a new ‘tab’ called Motion, enabling the ‘Enable Animated Motion’ will add motion to the instanced geometry, and expose new settings to control the motion.
- A new HDA has been created called ‘Quixel Simple Motion’ and is automatically created when exporting objects to Houdini.
- This node is created within the ‘SOURCE’ objects and will deform the geometry by twisting, bending and noise offsets. There are several settings on the ‘Quixel Simple Motion’ node to customize the attributes driving this.
- The ‘Quixel Simple Motion’ node is by default ‘bypassed’ by a custom ‘bypass’ toggle on the node. This toggle is in turned linked to a ‘bypass motion node’ channel on the ‘SOURCE’ node (in a new Quixel tab) to easily turn on and off the motion node if the exported object has several source objects.
Try it out and if you come up against any issues, feel free to write in. You can do this by going to the Learning section in the header menu on the site and clicking Get Help or simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.