(for non-squished image -> right click and "show image" Testing the new scatter modifier with this diamond grip pattern. Main diamond shape was created with a exr file which I made in Affinity photo and then I started to lay procedural effects on top in Mixer. Scatter works really nice when creating worn and tear into a material. Thanks for the Mixer update! I hope there will be many other procedural effects coming up :)
Some observation while making this:
- The speed increase in loading is awesome.
- Scatter modifier is a really nice addition.
- I couldn't create the diamond pattern procedurally as the "square pattern" could not be rotated 45 degrees and could not be scaled to make more non-uniform shape. -->had to use custom made image.
- The new mixing modes are great addition, I managed to create some small wood detail with testing different blending modes.
- Some procedural wood patterns could be nice addition in the future.
- I'm having trouble understanding the ambient occlusion view in the mixer as I don't remember that I have ever had anything in there, it's always pure white as was with this case also. Should it not create the AO as I work with the material and is there some way to increase the AO or decrease it?
Please sign in to leave a comment.