3DS Max Livelink doesnt work after last updateAnswered
I submitted a ticket already on this but havent got any answers.
I updated Bridge and now it no longer works. Its says it exports successfully but nothing happens in Max.
I need to work and cant export anything. How would you go about uninstalling and reinstalling it. Why is there no documentation on this.
Find the support folder in your Megscan folder. Delete the support folder that has the plugin and utils folders. Also delete the startup.ms file . That on is located in C/users/***/appdata/Local/Autodesk/3dsmax**/**64bit/enu/scripts/startup.
Make backups if you wish. Before deleting.
Then go to bridge and re download the latest plugin. Then copy the script in from bridge to script listener, It still wont work properly but should at least connect and transfer meshes and some of the maps for surfaces.
Hello! Thanks Brocksamson for sharing your solution!
We are working on providing one-to-one steps on how to uninstall any of our LiveLinks.
1. Close both Bridge and 3DS Max.
2. G oto C:\Users\[Username Goes Here]\AppData\Roaming\Bridge and delete Settings (make a backup before deleting).
3. Go to C:\Users\[Username Goes Here]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\20XX - 64bit\ENU\scripts\startup
4. Delete the startup.ms file (make a backup of the file before deleting).
5. Go to the folder specified in the Local Library Path in Bridge > Edit > Settings, on your machine and delete the support folder inside it.
6. Launch Bridge using “Run as Administrator” option.
7. Go to Export Settings and download 3ds Max LiveLink
8. Once downloaded, launch 3ds Max.
9. Install the LiveLink by copying the Script and pasting it in MAXScript Editor.
10. Click Evaluate All.
11. Restart 3DS Max for the changes to take effect.
Try these steps and let me know how it goes. I'll stay available for any further assistance.
I was answered by one of your team members with a very clear step of instructions but now Bridge wont let me log in with my credentials and acts like I have a free trail. Even pressing continue to use the free trail, bidge doesnt load any materials and you cant do anything with it.
Please help Thank you
Hi! Could you follow the same steps as I posted here? I'll repost them bellow:
- Close Bridge if it is open
- Make sure in the windows task manager (assuming you are on that OS), no Bridge processes are running
- Delete the "Bridge" and "Megascans Bridge" folders in the the following directory:
C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Roaming
- Open Bridge by right clicking and choosing "Run as administrator"
- Go to Bridge settings and make sure your path is correctly linked to the Megascans path directory you've set before (where you have downloaded assets previously)
- Sign in
Let me know how it goes. I'll be looking forward to hear from you and will be available for any further assistance.
Hello! Do you see the LiveLink in 3ds Max? Either it didn't install himself correctly or it is not lunched. On our latest update, the plugin should auto-lunch himself but double check in case it doesn't!
We have our documentation on how to install our LiveLink for 3ds Max here. Give it a shot and keep me up to date! I'll wait for your feedback on the situation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.