Bridge 2019.5: All-new UE plugin with 4.24 & MacOS support
What’s new in Quixel Bridge 2019.5!
- The new integration has been rewritten from the ground up in C++ removing the dependency on UnrealEnginePython.
- New LOD Setup for 3D assets.
- New Scatter asset support.
- Improved default master materials for Surface, Decal, Foliage, and 3D assets.
- Normal maps now imported with flipped green channel and Normalmap Compression.
- Opacity maps now imported with NoMipMap Gen settings.
- Displacement material setup for Surface and 3D assets with .JPG displacement map.
- Import textures without material.
- Improved channel packing setup.
- Specular workflow support in materials.
- Custom Master Material selection.
- Support on MacOS and Linux.
- Prompt when exporting more than 10 assets from Bridge.
Read more on our new blog post and share your feedback on our forum (here)!
The Quixel Team
Great that it's here!
I have a question regarding the channel packing support. I want to pack Roughness, Displacement and AO into one RDA texture, instead of using the default RM setup. Is there a way to autopopulate different channel packing configurations than RM?
In general it would be nice to have some more info regarding the custom master material overrides. Is it enough to simply rename the RM node to RDA for the plugin to know to populate the slot with the RDA texture if the names of the node and texture match?
Best regards and nice holidays
4LIREZA Yes. I had the same problem. Blend Material does not work
HIDAYET ÇİFCİ It works for me now, first you need to delete all the previous megascans (to be sure everything is fine), then apply your blend material try to adjusting the black and white colors for blend mask first make sure all the layers are black and only base material is shown then adjust your masks, for me R channel will be removed by black mask and G channel with white mask and blue with black.
4lireza I just saw your comment but i still cant get it to work, I dont see any blend masks material and I am not sure to understand what you are saying about the RGB channel thingy.
Do you mind explaining this once again?
Is there any new livelink coming improving that material blend?
I cannot log in using new Bridge app on Windows 10 pc. I go to sign in page, insert credentials and click Sign In button. Message - Try 30 days free. Start Trial is the only available button. My current status: 1576 PPoints will refill in: 362 days. I see an option to activate with a licence file but unsure how to get my licence file.
markstraw I got exactly the same since the update :/
ThomasPom - Got mine sorted by following steps under another thread - https://help.quixel.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360008550417-Quixel-Mixer-and-Bridge-issue
1. Close Bridge, if already running.
2. Navigate to C:\Users\[Username goes here]\AppData\Roaming.
3. Delete Bridge and Megascans folder.
4. Restart Bridge.
Anyone had any progress on where to install for macOS?
I am facing a issue with quixel Bridge, i have signed in quixel account with Epic Account, but after so many try quixel bridge showing nothing to export it's just showing this attached window every-time, ever after restarting machine.
is there anyone else who had same issue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.