Bridge 2019.5: All-new UE plugin with 4.24 & MacOS support
What’s new in Quixel Bridge 2019.5!
- The new integration has been rewritten from the ground up in C++ removing the dependency on UnrealEnginePython.
- New LOD Setup for 3D assets.
- New Scatter asset support.
- Improved default master materials for Surface, Decal, Foliage, and 3D assets.
- Normal maps now imported with flipped green channel and Normalmap Compression.
- Opacity maps now imported with NoMipMap Gen settings.
- Displacement material setup for Surface and 3D assets with .JPG displacement map.
- Import textures without material.
- Improved channel packing setup.
- Specular workflow support in materials.
- Custom Master Material selection.
- Support on MacOS and Linux.
- Prompt when exporting more than 10 assets from Bridge.
Read more on our new blog post and share your feedback on our forum (here)!
The Quixel Team
Great that it's here!
I have a question regarding the channel packing support. I want to pack Roughness, Displacement and AO into one RDA texture, instead of using the default RM setup. Is there a way to autopopulate different channel packing configurations than RM?
In general it would be nice to have some more info regarding the custom master material overrides. Is it enough to simply rename the RM node to RDA for the plugin to know to populate the slot with the RDA texture if the names of the node and texture match?
Best regards and nice holidays
4LIREZA Yes. I had the same problem. Blend Material does not work
HIDAYET ÇİFCİ It works for me now, first you need to delete all the previous megascans (to be sure everything is fine), then apply your blend material try to adjusting the black and white colors for blend mask first make sure all the layers are black and only base material is shown then adjust your masks, for me R channel will be removed by black mask and G channel with white mask and blue with black.
Anyone had any progress on where to install for macOS?
Please sign in to leave a comment.