Bridge not detecting megascans i have clearly downloadedAnswered
so this is my second time coming back here for the same problem because i didn't get any help on the last one. so whats going on is i have two computers (one pc one linux) and on the linux one i started to install some assets through quixel bridge. it looked like it worked but when i plugged it into my main machine running windows all the assets suddenly disappeared. i dont know whats going on or if i can fix it. i have the correct file path chosen and i even tried setting a new file path but nothing seems to work. does anyone know how to fix this?
Hi! Sorry for missing your issue on the forum. Let's try to get it fixed here!
I suppose by "PC" you mean windows, since PC just means personal computers. Quick question:
- "but when i plugged it into my main machine" How did you plug the Windows computer or should I say hard drive?) to the Linux computer?
Sometimes, when you set multiple times the file path, you create the wrong file path in... the wrong file path. You end up with a double Megascans file directory. Can you verify this for me? I'll comment below with how it should properly be setup file-wise to work correctly.
- Are you using a NAS or other network system to link both computers?
I've created a support ticket Vantablack where our Bridge devs will have a closer look at your issue.
Nitin if you are facing the same issue, please report it to our customer support but first have a look at these mandatory guides: click here and here
The issue persists in Bridge version 2020.2.3.
My solution to this:
1. Close Bridge
2. Rename the 'Download' folder in the Megascan library, for example, 'Download_old'
3. Open Bridge, a new 'Download' folder is created automatically
4. Move assets from 'Download_old' to the 'Download' folder, few at a time or the ones in need.
5. Wait a couple of seconds to a minute, then reload the bridge by press Ctl+R, or simply reopen Bridge.
6. Assets should appear now.
I have generated a support ticket in reference to your issue. You will have received a corresponding email as well.
All further correspondence pertaining to your case will take place on that thread.
Tech Support Engineer.
Quixel, Epic Games.
Thank you. Your solution can work well.
This old problem should be solved as soon as possible.
I don't know if there is another answer to this problem out there. The solution is quite simple, or at least it's been for me.
Delete the library.qms and the assetsData.json in your library and download folders respectively. Open bridge go to local and wait for bridge to rebuild those files.
Post is closed for comments.