Since I made the Megascan Link Plugin for Substance Designer I decided to the same for Substance Painter.
With the Megascan Link for Substance Painter plugin you can import Megascan Assets directly into an opened project or create one if you export from Quixel Bridge a Megascan Asset with a 3D mesh.
The plugin is completely Free and OpenSource, you can Download it here and you can find the complete Documentation here.
Quick start guide
- Download the plugin from the Release Page on GitHub
- Install it by extracting the zip file in the documents folder of Substance Painter:
For Windows 10
In Substance Painter enable both plugins (yup there are two: Python and JS)
Import into project
Auto Bake when creating project
since the gif is too large here is a link to it
Remember to change Color Space for Normal Maps
same thing as before the gif is too large here is a link to it
Version v0.2.6-beta Changelog:
the plugin now shows the user an error dialog whenever it fails to install the needed dependencies and guides him to the Manual Installation documentation page.
- [c2d71dd]: [GLOBAL] Added docs badge (Darkimage)
- [92f16b1]: [PYTHON] Added configurable error dialog (Darkimage)
- [8d492ac]: [PYTHON] Updated qt compiler version (Darkimage)
- [edcc1e0]: [PYTHON] Added DependencyErrorDialog (Darkimage)
- [623b63c]: [PYTHON] Added fallback options to getConfigSetting and checkIfOptionIsSet (Darkimage)
- [dc80d32]: [PYTHON] Added showErrorDialog when an error occurs during the automatic dependecy installation step (Darkimage)
- [bd59a35]: [PYTHON] Show the DependencyErrorDialog when loading dependencies fails (Darkimage)
Thank you guys, I hope you like it!!!
Please sign in to leave a comment.